Microfiction Contest: Transcending Tropes
The Epicurean Cure team will be at Nine Worlds GeekFest, with The Doctor running sessions on Dragon Age, Jessica Jones, time travel films, and lessons for academia from video games. In celebration, we're hosting a microfiction contest.
The theme is TRANSCENDING TROPES: pick a trope (e.g. the damsel in distress, prophecies are always right, you can't change the past, free will requires choice, the squishy wizard, and so forth) and subvert it, flip it, exaggerate it, transcend it!
- Entries must be no longer than 300 words (or, if in visual format such as a comic, 1 x A4 page).
- Entries should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than midnight on Monday 15th August (GMT).
- Your entry should include your name/nickname, email address, and the name of your trope (for trope inspiration, see tvtropes.org - but we're happy to see non-listed tropes too).
- Entries can be copy/pasted into the body of the email, or attached as a .doc/.docx, .rtf, .txt, .jpg, .png, or .pdf.
- You can submit as many entries as you like, but separate emails please!
- We’re open to all genres, including fanfic.
- The winner will be chosen by us, and announced on
Monday the 21st of August.
From scribbles on a beer coaster to your magnum opus: if it's 300 words or less and on-theme, we want to see it!